EastMinster Pet Radio Show was MONDAYS at 3:05p KNRY-1240 AM but it's on hiatus right now. You can still listen to past shows which are archived on BlogTalk Radio via the internet.
Our one of a kind pet RADIO show is based on the belief that pets and their owners need to know new developments in training techniques, nutrition, unique products that solve daily pet challenges, as well as be able to share wonderful stories about our beloved home companions.
Join us as we interview Pet Whisperer's, Leading Veterinarians, Top Dog Trainers, Pet Shelters, Therapy Dog Trainers, and so much more.
Location: LIVE in MONTEREY AND SANTA CRUZ COUNTY
KNRY 1240 AM is located right on Cannery Row in downtown Monterey, CA but you can listen on the internet at:
- Or Listen LIVE or to ARCHIVED Shows by clicking on this link. www.BlogTalkRadio.com/EastMinsterPetShowArchived shows from July 09 through now are available 24/7 by clicking on the above link Our favorite archived shows are: 1. 8/6 Dr. Ramaeker (Curing Pet Cancer) 2. 8/27 DogsforDiabetes.com (featured show) 3.10/1 www.TeachersPetMichigan.org Amy Johnson pairs behaviorally challenged rescue dogs with youth in juvenile deliquent situations. Trains them to train the dogs for 12 weeks and the result is TRANSFORMATION for all.
Past RADIO SHOW GUESTS:
( Since you missed the show....Check out their websites)
- Sean Senechal of the Animal Sign Center
see: www.animalsign.org Animal Sign Language. Her next classes are on-going, visit her website for details. Some are at CSUMB
Vivian Kennedy of the Hollister Pet Shelter:
- All Creatures Great and Small see www.AllCreaturesGS.org
- Sherry from www.TheDogHouseInn.com in Gilroy, Dog Behaviorists, Day Care and Boarding. (They care for 11 of AllCreaturesGS rescued pets.)
Dr. Les Wadell-Pet & Human Chiropractor TriDrLes@hotmail.com www.DocWaddel.com
- ("I have personally gone to Doc Wadell and am amazed at how much better I feel." Susan Bradley co-host of Eastminster Pet Show)
- Jeff Pollack from Diggidy Dog and Cat Boutique in Carmel at Mission & Ocean Info@DiggidyDogCarmel.com<==Ask for the EastMinster Discount when you go there.
- 3/20/09 Annette Richmond-Vet & Pet Acupuncturist At Natural Veterinary Therapy, our holistic philosophy integrates the best of ... to create a powerful and safe way to maintain your pet’s health. ...Therapy and make an appointment today. Ask for the EASTminster Discount. www.NaturalVeterinaryTherapy.com
- 4/2/09 3:05p Dr. Tom-HolisticVet in Carmel Valley
3:30 Search & Rescue Dog Trainer Holly Tel: 831-809-1940 www.MontereySar.org
- 4/9/09 Monterey County SPCA Community Coordinator -Dawn Floyd
you know that you can recycle cans and bottles at the SPCA? They use
the proceeds to take care of surgery costs for animals. Coming soon
will be an EastMinster Tour of the SPCA's facilities. 218 acres!!!
- 4/16/ 09
Show Theme: Adopt don't Shop GUESTS:Carie Broecker from Animal Friends
Rescue, Aloha Pet Sitting, and her new 4 color magazine: Coastal Canine
Martin from N.Y.-Animal Rescuer and supporter of the BARF diet for
pets. B. -biologically A: available & appropriate R: raw F: food
- 5/1/09 Denny Le Vett Co-owner of The Cypress Inn Hotel in Carmel. The #1 place to take your pets with you for dinner/drinks/camaraderie in the Country. Located at 7th and Lincoln.
- 5/7/09 www.RedwingHorseSantuary.org
- DECEMBER 2009 SHOWS
- Patty Flagstaff of PilotsnPaws.com - Pilots who help fly rescue pets where they need to go to prevent euthanasia.
- Ricochet the surfing service dog. Ricochet,
a.k.a.”Rip Curl Ricki,” the surfing service dog, won second place in
the large dog category at the Surf City Surf Dog event held October
11th in Huntington Beach, California. Ricohet’s appearances with her
human surf partner, Patrick Ivison have proven popular with Examiner
readers this summer. Thanks to Ricochet’s friend Judy we have received
this update on their recent projects.Ricochet’s surfing partner, shown
in the photo, is Patrick Ivison, a 15 - year old quadriplegic adaptive
surfer. Patrick suffered a C4/5 spinal cord injury as a result of an
uninsured driver backing a car over him, when he was a child. Patrick
was diagnosed as quadriplegic, and has used a wheelchair ever since.
Now, since being introduced to Ricochet earlier this year, he uses an
adaptive board to surf.Patrick and Ricochet have been involved in
their fundraising campaign for several months, giving demonstrations at
various surfing dog events, which have recently become popular. See:
< >. As part of these efforts, she and Patrick performed a tandem
surf demonstration at the Surf City Surf Dog event last Sunday, as
hundreds of onlookers enjoyed their rides.Ricochet’s fundraising goals
were twofold: Raise $2000 to cover the cost of Patrick’s new service
dog, Kona; and raise an additional $5000 for Patrick’s intense physical
therapy at Project Walk. The , made a kick-off donation of $3600, and
resulting donations enabled Ricochet to raise a total of $8200,
exceeding her goals! Donations are still being accepted. If you’d like
to make a donation go to ripcurlricki.com.Despite injuring her paw two
days before the event, Ricochet was determined to do her job for
Patrick. She competed in the large dog category and achieved the
highest score in all categories during the preliminary heats. Ricochet
went on to the finals where she won 2nd place in the large dog
category. Patrick happily accepted her prize for her. But, Ricochet
says “The best prize was raising more than $8200 for Patrick, and doing
our tandem rides, which puts a huge smile on Patrick’s face!” This
latest demonstration by Ricochet and Patrick received national media
attention with a video essay by Chris Carlson, on . Go to the AP site
on the link, click on video and in "search" type "surfing dog."Ricochet
was trained to be a service dog for people with disabilities, but had
to be retrained from that role due to her strong drive to chase birds
and other small animals. Her active nature proved to be perfect for her
newfound calling. She went from being a service dog to her new role as
a “SURFice dog”, and her surfing skills are now raising funds for her
fellow surfers, like Patrick Ivison.The Surfing Examiner is well aware
of the thrill that surfing, and just being in the ocean, can give to
disabled people whose lives can sometimes be so difficult on land. We
are also aware of the long history of active dogs that enjoy taking to
the waves with their human friends. What a great idea to get these
adaptive humans and friendly canines together in the waves. For more
information, you can contact Judy at: firstname.lastname@example.org, and Ricochet
has her own website at: < >.
- 11/19 Barbara Techler -Therapy dog owner and Author of: Frankie the Walk n Roll Dog.11/12
Dr. Aubrey Fine author of THE HANDBOOKof Animal Assisted Therapy,
April from April Showers Mobile Grooming, Sam
Price-www.mydogcollage.com Fantastic Artist who creates amazing
portraits out of collage of your dog with a simple photo.
- 11/5 JP Novic from CAPE ..www.CapeAnimals.org (Center for Animal Protection + Education) Producer/Director for the Film Viva Los Perros (Celebrate the Dogs)
- 10/29 Whitney
Wilde from WooferandWalkers.com of Santa Cruz. Their Muttster-Mash is on
Sat. 10/31 Vivian from AllCreaturesGS.org One of our areas top Animal
- 10/22 Terri Festa from SocietyDogs.com Fun interview of all of the events they put on each year. Club has 2,000 members.
- 10/15- Mandy
and Molly the Pug. Molly is a therapy pet who was paralyzed at 3 mos
old and spent 8 yrs in a wheelchair. Molly helped many children
confined to wheelchairs accept their disabilities.Video:This little
pooch faces several challenges but provides tons of inspiration. The
Smithsonian Channel has featured Molly here as she's marching in the
Big Dog Parade to promote a cause. Click on this link or Paste it in to
watch a very special video of Mandy and Molly. http://link.brightcove.com/services/player/bcpid14354335001?bclid=0&bctid=23327693001 10/8 Jenny Slaughter of www.TotalDivaPets.com Jenny and Crissy were featured with their dogs in the Movie (Dogumentary : "Unleashed" This movie featured the Big Dog Parade in Santa Barbara. Jenny's wigs for pets have taken the pet world by storm & even made Pet Fashion Week
in NYC & Tokyo. Since you missed the monthly "Doggie Drive Inn
hosted by Whitney of Santa Cruz's Woofers & Walkers: We invite you
to watch the videos on their website which include the trailer for
- Soon to come: The guys from RESCUE INK!!! Stay tuned on this one. We just love what they do.
- Also: The Dog Trainer from Dog Town TV SHOW & FANTASTIC PET PRODUCTS that you just can't live without. Call in with your pet stories 831-373-1234
- OCT's Shows:10/1/09 Amy
Johnson of www.TeachersPetMichigan.org You will love this interview.
It is archived at www.BlogTalkRadio.com/EastMinsterPetShow Amy pairs
difficult to adopt rescue pets who have behavior challenges with youth
have been in trouble with the law for a 12 week training program. The
youth learn how to train the dogs with "pawsitive" techniques and as a
result the children transform too.We want and need your help in
bringing this amazing program to Monterey County. Please contact us at
- HELP US FIND GUESTS & TOPICS for the Future:
- DOGS IN CHURCH: We want to do a show about taking your dog to church. Do you want to
be able to take your dog to church? CALL us with your info on DOG
FRIENDLY CHURCHES. 1-831-238-6111
MORE PAST GUESTS:
- 8/6/09 DR RAMAEKER- Esteemed Vet from Santa Cruz and researcher
on Pet Cancer. Has worked with over 5,000 dogs alone. see his website
at www.ramaekersnutrition.com Listen to the archived show at
www.BlogTalkRadio.com/EastminsterPetShow Look up the 8/6/09 show.
- PET CPR & First Aid. Kevin Cole from the American Red Cross was here and enlightened us on
how to treat our pets. Local Class is Aug 12th 6p-9p $45 pp includes
books with great info on everything from when your pet is bleeding to
what to do if he gets stuck with porcupine quills.
- TESTIMONIAL for RAW FOOD DIETS:
Romeo has been on a raw food diet now for over 2 months and his fur is so
so soft. Thankyou Susanna for showing me the way. Please remember to
stop by Hwy 68 Pets at the corner of Corral de Tierra. Ask for your
Eastminster discount of 10% off food and 20% off treats and toys.
Bring blankets and towels to donate to shelters to line the cages of
the rescued pets.